Friday, April 16, 2010

My own class! (March 15, 2010)

Today was the first day of having my own class! Mrs. Supakhan introduced me to the 4th block Personal Finance class, and told them that any questions they have are to be directed to me, I am the teacher and she is only observing. Started out with letting the students know how much I look forward to teaching them, and why an English teacher (some know me from Mrs. Williams class) is teaching Personal Finance. Also gave them a great incentive to do well. After obtaining permission from Mr. Bridgeman, I am able to run 3 contests. The students will be required to write 2 research papers for the class, any topic involving personal finance. The one who does the best first paper will be exempted from having to do the second, and receive $50 cash. The one who does the best second paper will also receive $50, and the person who is most improved overall at the end of the quarter will receive $50. Talk about getting their attention!

Class size is small, only 6 students, which is both good and bad. I can give more one on one help, but if 2 are absent I am missing a third of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment